If you can answer all of these questions correctly, you can move onto Real Estate Math 101 (when it’s ready).
For now, write your answers down and then click on the link at the end of the questions.
1. How many square feet are in an acre?
2. How many feet are in a mile?
3. If a triangle has 7000 square feet and a base of 350 feet, what is the height?
4. What is the formula to find the area of a trapezoid? (If your answer is “What’s a trapezoid?”, you need to go back to the last section.)
5. What is the formula to find the area of a circle?
6. What is the area of a room 10 feet wide, by 20 feet long, by 10 feet high?
7. What is the volume of that room?
8. How many square feet are in a square yard?
9. If a seller pays an $8000 commission at an 8% commission rate, what was the sale price of the house?
10. If a 300’ x 700’ lot sells for $7.00 per square foot, the seller pays a 9% commission, which is split evenly between the listing broker and the selling broker, and the listing broker pays the listing salesperson 60% of that, how much does the listing broker get to keep?
SECOND GRADE ANSWERS
3. 40 feet.
4. Base 1 plus Base 2, divided by two, times the height, equals the area.
5. Π X r²
6. 200 square feet
7. 2000 cubic feet
©2000, 2001, 2002 Douglas R. Barry